Chris Anderson, Ph.D. provides custom solutions nationwide to individuals and companies experiencing internet defamation, electronic stalking, and brand attacks. Consults with attorneys and serves as an internet defamation damages expert witness as needed.
Co-Founder, Cyber Investigation Services, LLC, Tampa, Florida
Group Head, Internet Reputation & Brand Group, 2010 – Present
- Have handled 10,000+ internet defamation and stalking assistance requests
- Have assisted in the removal of well over 23,000 damaging items on the internet
- Weekly interactions with 25+ businesses and individuals concerning the emotional and financial impact of online defamation
- Have led teams tracking down the far reaching spread of internet defamation
- Have led efforts to mitigate online damage via “Online Reputation Management” and the practical challenges that are faced
- Consultant and expert to multiple law firms on the assessment and costs to implement defamation cleanup for the lifetime of the victim
Co-Founder, Online Protection Coalition (www.onlineprotectioncoalition.org).
- 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to the education of companies and their legal representatives on the best practices of protection online reputation and brand.
- Consists of a group of 21 international legal, investigative, and PR professionals as board of advisors (http://onlineprotectioncoalition.org/about/leadership-team/ )
- Have developed 28 best practice white papers on many of the issues facing companies and professionals online (http://onlineprotectioncoalition.org/business-resource-center/ )
Dr. Anderson holds a B.S. and an M.S. in Engineering Science from the University of Florida, and a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from North Carolina State University. He is the author of 16 reviewed papers, 18 conference presentations, and 4 patents.
Related Publications & Presentations
- Clear Law Institute, CLE, October 20, 2015, Internet Reputation Attacks Against Companies: How to Respond
- Federal Bar Association, CLE, September 3 2014, Strategies for Protecting Your Clients in the Internet Age
- Columbus Association of Corporate Counsel, April 24, 2014, Responding to Online Reputation Attacks
- Lexology, April 2014, Three steps businesses can take to overcome the impact of online product diversion
- Forbes.com, December , 2013, Protecting Your Online Reputation: 3 Key Tasks Your Business Must Complete In 2014, Interview from Cheryl Connor
- Beverly Hills, Social Media Mania, Nov 2013, Dr. Anderson Features as expert speaker in a combo celebrity & expert training for middle & high school students and teachers.
If you are an attorney, you can reach Dr. Anderson directly at (850) 279-6595.